Thursday, January 29, 2009

A busy day in the lives of Eena and Baba


Yesterday, the girls and I cured our cabin fever by spending the whole day out.

9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.: First, we went to the Family Network in Highland Park that my friend has been raving about for more than a year. They have several rooms geared toward different ages: babies, toddlers and preschoolers. Plus, there's a parent-only room where adults can socialize. The parent-only room works if your child lets you leave the room. The girls played in the toddler room since they don't like to be separated in new places. The staff was very friendly and played playdough and dolls with the girls. Baba seemed to be really involved in playing. Eena kept coming over to me every so often, but I was still able to read a magazine. The last 30 minutes were spent in the large basement where Eena rode a tricycle and Baba sat in a bubble truck. We spent two fun hours there. My schedule doesn't permit me from going there on a regular basis, but I would definitely stop by again.

11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Lunch at Cosi. This marked the first time that I took the girls out by myself in about a year. I know lots of parents do this all the time, but two toddlers is a definitely a challenge. The highlight of lunch was when Eena announced she had to go to the potty and started running toward the bathroom. I quickly unbuckled Baba out of the high chair, with her bread in hand, and helped Eena reach her destination.

12:55-1:20 p.m.: Eena and Baba talk instead of nap in their room.

1:20-1:24 p.m.: Change Baba's diaper. Eena declares she's not tired and she heads downstairs.

1:25-1:40 p.m.: A crying Baba refuses to nap.

2-3 p.m.: The girls fall asleep ... in the car.

3:10-4:30 p.m.: The girls play at the (free) Jammin' Jungle indoor gym at the West Ridge Center. We met a nice mom whose little boy was the same age as Eena. And we saw one of our friends who lives down the street!

4:45-5:13 p.m.: We eat pizza for dinner! My husband meets us there.

5:15-6:15 p.m.: The girls attend their sibling class at Gymboree. Two of their friends join the class.

Today, we spent a much quieter day at home. Well, if you consider drinking pineapple juice, and bellydancing, quiet...

No comments: