Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Naked Barbies


Well, it's official, I never have to buy Barbie dolls for daughters. It has nothing to do with my Women Studies minor either. Eena and I went on an archaeological dig in our basement. We uncovered a box o' Barbies that haven't been played with in about 25 or 26 years. Those dolls were once my treasured collection. Honestly, I had no idea I had so many (there's at least 12 plus two Ken dolls, some babies and several Strawberry Shortcake dolls. Eena and I treated them to a few minutes at a "spa" (we bathed them in two bowls of soapy water). My little blue-loving Eena favored Blueberry Muffin from the Strawberry Shortcake collection. Blonde-haired Baba, ironically, loves the only brunette Barbie.

The best part is that there are enough of them that the girls haven't fought over any of them. Yet.

1 comment:

Ashley Winters said...

It's a good thing Mom saved them for you all these years.